Six Ways to Burn More Calories in Daily Life
Here are 10 scientifically ways to burn more calories
First of all, you can burn 477 calories a day just by moving!
1. For every 30 minutes of waking behavior, get your 3 minutes of movement.
2. Walk briskly, regularly
3. Try 30 s/60 s interval walking — walking comfortable
4. Move a little after you hydrate — every time you hydrate, move a little
5. Count steps—it works!!! Aim for 10,000 a day
6. Talk and walk (safely) – talk on the phone, catch up
“We do not stop exercising because we grow old; we grow old when we stop exercising!”
Don’t sit, get fit!
4 Ways to burn more calories with exercise
1. Perform multi-mode exercise within a session or within a week
Ex – Monday – bike, Wednesday – stair master , Friday – treadmill or
Bike – 10 mins/ stair master – 10 mins/ treadmill – 10 mins
2. Exercise with a weighted vest on (10% of body weight) – walk or run
3. Perform circuit training that improve VO2 max
a. 20-30 minutes
b. About 40% to 80% of one rep max
c. 6-12 exercises per sessions/ more multi-joint
d. 12-15 reps or 20-40 sec of work per station
e. Very short rest between exercises
f. Complete 2 circuits
4. HIIT Programs
A special HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training for calorie burning and health
- Start with a 5-10 minute warm up
- Alternate 4 minutes bouts of high intensity (RPE 16-17 hard) with a 3 minute recovery (RPE 11-12 light)
- 4 intervals; on any exercise mode; 3 times per week
- Workout is 28 minutes (plus warm up and cool down)
For more information on how to burn more calories, contact Maurie Cofman, CMES, CES, TBMM-CES, Personal Trainer, Certified Medical Exercise Specialist, Health Coach and Corrective Exercise Specialist in the St. Louis, Brentwood, and Clayton, MO area.