• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
• 1 1/4 pounds (600 grams) large shrimp prawns, shelled with tails on or off
• Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (optional)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds - 1 minute). Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip.
• Pour in wine (or broth), add red pepper flakes (if using). Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (don't over cook your shrimp).
• Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley and take off heat immediately.
• • Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 458mg | Sodium: 1427mg | Potassium: 186mg | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 4mg