Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Orange and Walnuts
• 1 navel orange
• 1 TBSP extra- virgin olive oil
• 1 shallot, minced
• 2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
• 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
• 1/4 top freshly ground black pepper
1. Zest entire orange and juice half of it (about 1/4 cup).
2. In a 12-inch sauté pan, heat 1 TBSP oil over medium-high heat. Saute shallot for 1 minute. Add half brussels sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Cook for 4 minutes. Transfer sprouts to a large serving bowl. Repeat with remaining oil, sprouts, salt and juice. Add second batch of sprouts to serving bowl with first batch.
3. Toss sprouts with walnuts and orange zest and season with pepper. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled as a salad.
119 calories/ 7g fat (1g sat)/ 5g fiber/ 5g protein/ 13g carbs
Courtsey of Health Magazine