Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Prep: 20 minutes
• 3 Cups chopped zucchini
• 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
• 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta (preferably a short shape such as penne)
• 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 6.5-oz jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, not drained
• 1 2.5-oz can black olives, drained
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 1 TBSP chopped fresh basil
• 1 tsp fresh chopped oregano
• 1 TBSP olive oil\2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
• 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
1. Place zucchini in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup water, cover (leaving it slightly open to vent steam) and microwave on high until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Uncover, drain and let cool.
2. Divide spinach among 4 bowls. Microwave each, uncovered for 1 minute on high to wilt, if desired.
3. In a bowl, toss pasta, chickpeas, artichoke hearts with marinade, olives, tomato, basil, and oregano. Toss in zucchini, in a separate bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with pasta mixture.
4. Divide mixture among 4 bowls with spinach. Top with cheese and serve.
PER SERVING: 335 Calories/ 15g fat (3g sat)/ 10g fiber/ 12g protein/ 43g carbs
Courtsey of Health Magazine