Hearts of Palm Salad
This salad is a perfect compliment to barbecued food.
• 5-6 ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
• 1 (17-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
• 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
• 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 heaping tablespoon light mayonnaise
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Juice from 1/2 lemon
In a large bowl, combine the avocado, hearts of palm, onion, and tomatoes. Toss with the light mayonnaise. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Note: Lemon juice never seems to do the trick of keeping cut avocado halves green and firm. The key is keeping light and air away. To achieve this, lightly spray the exposed flesh with cooking spray. Wrap in foil and refrigerate.
Courtsey of Kosher by Design