Hearts of Palm French Onion Dip
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
YIELD: About 1 1/2 cups
• 1 cup Hearts of Palm dip
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (not nonfat)
• 2 TBSP thinly sliced chives
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1 very large shallot, thinly sliced, rings separated (about 1 1/3 cups)
1. In a bowl, whisk together Hearts of Palm Dip with yogurt and chives. Tasted and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until lightly chilled.
2. In a medium skillet, warm oil over medium heat until shimmering. Line a fine-mesh sieve with a paper towel. Add shallot rings to skillet and cook slowly over medium-low heat until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shallot rings to sieve to drain. Sprinkle with salt. (Shallots will crisp more as they cool).
3. Just before serving, fold three-quarters of crispy shallots into dip. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining crispy shallots on top and serve.
PER SERVNG: (14 CUP):
197 cal/ 16g fat (3g sat)/ 1g fiber/ 5g protein/ 12g carbs