Easy Teriyaki Kabobs
A healthy helping of fruits and veggiesIngredients:
- 1/3 cup lower sodium teriyaki sauce, plus reserve for brushingo
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained; reserve 2 TBSP juice
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak or boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes, or shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 basket grape tomatoes
- 2 red or green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- • Combine 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and oil; pour over meat pieces in shallow glass dish.
- • Refrigerate; marinate 1 hour, turning occasionally. Thread meat on screwers, alternating with vegetables and pineapple chunks. Discard remaining marinade.
- • Grill 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning skewers and brushing with additional marinade, about 15 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
Courtesy Health Magazine