Caesar Salad with Chicken Strips
• 2 lettuce hearts
• a handful of beet root leaves
• a handful of rocket leaves
• 5 slices of whole wheat toast
• 1/2 chili pepper
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 1/2 oz. balance butter
• black pepper
• 4 chicken breast filets
• 3 oz. parmesan
FOR THE DRESSING
• 2-3 TBSP vegetable oil
• 1 ego yolk
• 1 tsp. mustard
• 1 dash of Worcester sauce
• 1 TBSP lemon juice
• 1/2 cup olive oil
Preparation: 1. Cut the lettuce hearts into pieces
2. Separate the beetroot and rocket leaves and remove any thick stalks
3. Wash and spin dry all lettuce leaves
4. Pour off the water and put the salad leaves into a big salad bowl.
5. Place the pieces of toast in a stack. Cut off the crusts and chop into cubes
6. Halve the chili pepper, core it, wash it and cut into strips.
7. Peel and quarter the garlic cloves, then fry the garlic and chili strips in balance butter on a non-stick pan.
8. As soon as the butter has melted, add the bread cubes and stir until they are an even golden brown color.
9. Season the croutons with salt and pepper, remove from the pan and set aside.
10. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat up the vegetable oil in a coated pan and fry the chicken on both sides for approx. 6 minutes.
11. Mix the egg yolk with mustard, Worcester sauce and lemon juice.
12. Gradually mix in the olive oil with a whisk.
13. Add a few drops of water to thin if necessary.
14. Toss the salad in the dressing and immediately arrange 4 plates. Cut the chicken breast fillets into strips and scatter on top of the salad with the croutons.
15. To finish up, grate up the parmesan on top.
Courtsey of Salad Makers