1. Stand upright and keep the back straight.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand at the shoulders with an overhand grip. Thumbs should be on the inside and knuckles facing up. They can also be facing out towards the front and raise to eye level.
3. Raise the weights above the head in a controlled motion while exhaling. Pause at the top of the motion.
4. Return the dumbbells to the shoulders while inhaling.
5. Repeat for eight to 12 repetitions as desired.
Option: Alternate arms, pressing up with one and then the other, instead of both arms at once.