Smoked Turkey and Black Bean Tortilla Rolls
Makes 4 rolled sandwiches
Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
• 1/2 cup rinsed drained canned black beans
• 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and chopped
• 2 pickled jalapeños, seeded and chopped(wear rubber gloves)
• 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 ripe California avocado
• 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
• four 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
• 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast turkey breast
• 1 cup packed fresh coriander sprigs, washed well, spun dry, and chopped coarse or cilantro
In a bowl stir together black beans, tomato, jalapeños, 2 teaspoon lime juice, chili powder, and salt to taste.
In a food processor purée avocado, yogurt, remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice, and salt to taste. (Alternatively, with a fork mash avocado mixture until smooth.)
Spread avocado mixture evenly on tortillas and arrange turkey across each tortilla just below middle. Top turkey with salsa and coriander and roll up tortillas tightly, leaving ends open. Halve tortillas diagonally with a serrated knife.
Each serving about 297 calories and 10 grams fat (30% of calories from fat) Nutritional analysis provided by Gourmet
Courtsey of Gourmet Everyday