Roasted Asparagus with Egg and Tomato
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 20 minutes
• 1 lb. thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed
• 1/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 1/2 TBSP olive oil
• 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar, optional
• 4 large eggs
• 1 TBSP coarsely shaved Parmesan
• 1 TBSP chopped chives
• Crusty whole-grain bread; optional
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss asparagus and tomatoes with oil in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold vegetables in a single layer. Roast, shaking pan halfway through, until asparagus is just tender and tomatoes have wilted, about 12 minutes. Immediately drizzle with vinegar, if desired.
2. Crack eggs over asparagus mixture. Return to oven and roast until egg whites are just set, about 7 minutes. Top with cheese, sprinkle with chives and serve. Offer crustily bread on the side, if desired.
153 CAL/ 11G FAT (3G SAT)/ 3G FIBER/ 10G PROTEIN/ 6G CARBS
Courtsey of Health Magazine