Pepper Steak Fajitas
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
• 3 cloves garlic
• 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1 1/2 lb. skirt steak, cut crosswise to fit in skillet (about 3 pieces)
• 2 TBSP olive oil
• 3 Large bell peppers, any color, seeded and sliced
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 12 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
• Sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and lin=me wedges optional
1. In shallow glass dish, stir together garlic, lime juice and chili powder. Add steak, turn to coat and let stand for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. In a large non-stick or seasoned cast-iron skillet, warm 1 TBSP olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook bell peppers, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes. Add cumin seeds; continue to sauté until bell peppers are lightly browned and tender, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to platter.
3. Add remaining 1 TBSP oil to skillet. Add steak and cook, turning once, until browned, about 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
4. Top tortillas with bell peppers and steak. Serve additional toppings such as sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
427 CAL/ 18G FAT (6G SAT)/ 18G FIBER/ 31G PROTEIN/ 32G CARBS
Courtey of Health Magazine