Easy Summer Salad
Prep: 10 mins.
Cook: 2 minutes
• 1 cup sliced jarred pickled beets, halved, plus 3 TBSP pickling juice
• 1 TBSP sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 8 Fresh apricots, halved and pitted
• 4 oz. loosely packed spring salad greens (about 8 cups)
• 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken, from a rotisserie bird
• 2 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbles (about 1/4 cup)
• 2 TBSP sliced almonds with skin, toasted
1. In a small bowl, whisk together beet pickling juice, vinegar, and mustard. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Warm a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place apricots on pan; cut sides down, and cook, turning once, until grill marks form, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Divide salad greens, chicken, cheese, almonds, sliced beets and grill apricots among 4 plates. Drizzle with reserved dressing, season with salt an pepper and serve.
328 CAL/ 14G FAT (4G SAT)/ 6G FIBER/ 24G CARB/ 28G PROTEIN
Courtsey of Health Magazine