Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli
Add zesty Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Ailo to your meatless dine options. They're super fast to make and will become a fast favorite as well.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 burger)
• 1 (15-oz) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 TBSP minced garlic
• 2 tsp lower-sodium soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• Cooking spray
• 4 (1 1/2-oz) whole wheat hamburger buns
• 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
• 1 tsp fresh lime juice
• 2 cups baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place beans in a large bowl; lightly mash. Stir in onion and next 7 ingredients. Divide mixture into 4 portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
3. Arrange patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes; turn after 6 minutes. Add bun halves to pan; bake 3 minutes.
4. Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and juice; spread over bottom of buns. Top each with 1 patty, 1/2 cup arugula, and top halves of buns.
Courtsey of Cooking Light